– 1st AG M45-49 IMUK 2016 – Qualified for Ironman World Championships, Kona, Hawaii
– 3rd AG M40-44 IMUK 2012 – Qualified/competed at Ironman World Championships, Kona, Hawaii
– 6th M35-39 AG IMUK 2009 – Qualified/competed at Ironman World Championships, Kona, Hawaii
– First Brit home Norseman Xtreme Tri 2005
– Completed 18 IM distance races. PB 9.22 at Barcelona.
I am 45 and live with my wife and 2 daughters in Warrington, Cheshire. A fantastic location to train and live, with a strong base of North West athletes in the area it’s certainly good for training in a group or individually.
I have a healthy obsession with Ironman racing and have completed 18 over the last 17 years. As my chosen distance I understand what it takes to fit the training and racing into family and work life. I’ve helped many athletes succeed in their goals over the years by mentoring or coaching them but now I’m happy to represent Total Tri Training as one of their coaches.
I came into triathlon in 1999 from team sports, playing hockey, cricket and football. My first triathlon in Horwich in 1999 saw me come 3rd and I was hooked. I decided to do my first Ironman less than 12 months later, 17 years on I am still going strong.
Triathlon has become a way of life to me through the training, racing and the people that you meet along the way. I believe that triathlon is for all and it’s more than just swim, bike and run, after 17 years in the sport competing and mentoring athletes it’s time to put the experience to good use in TTT and help others fulfil their triathlon goals.